Model Marvin Test Solutions: MV-GX7100B
3U/6U, 14 Slot Smart PXI Master Desktop Combo Chassis with DVD-ROM & Hard Disk Drive
- Slots for one 6U (embedded) or 3U (remote) PXI controller, six 6U or 3U instruments, and seven 3U instruments
- Built-in peripherals (hard disk drive and a DVD-RW drive) for embedded controller configurations
- Integral Smart functions provide internal temperature monitoring, power supply monitoring, fan control and PXI trigger mapping
- Innovative forced-air cooling controlled by embedded chassis temperature monitor
The Marvin Test MV-GX7100B Series are 14-slot combination PXI chassis that accommodate 3U and 6U PXI controllers and instruments in 4U of rack space. The MV-GX7100B’s unique format includes seven 3U-only slots and seven 3U/6U slots arranged horizontally to reduce the overall size of the chassis, providing the versatility and high-density necessary to address many PXI applications and requirements.
The Marvin Test MV-GX7100B Series offers a full range of features and options including an innovative forced-air cooling system comprised of eight (8) 20 CFM fans controlled by built-in temperature sensors. The fans provide airflow according to PXI revision 2.1 specifications. This cooling configuration provides optimum cooling for the chassis regardless of the type or number of instruments used. Additional cooling is provided for the system power supply.
The MV-GX7100B Smart Chassis supports the monitoring of internal chassis temperatures and system power supply voltages as well providing the ability to program or map each PXI trigger line from one PCI segment to another. In addition, the user can program the temperature monitoring function for specific warning and shutdown limits. All user specific setups can be stored in non-volatile memory as a user configuration and can be used as the default setup for normal chassis operation.
The Marvin Test MV-GX7100B Smart PXI Master Desktop Combo Chassis provides 560 W of system power and complies with the PXI Hardware Specification 2.1.
Slot 1 (6U) is dedicated to the system controller (embedded or remote, using a PXI bus expander). Slot 2 can be used by a PXI Star Trigger Controller or by any PXI or cPCI instrument. Slots 3 - 14 support the PXI Star Trigger. The PXI local bus interconnects cards within PXI segment A or segment B. The PXI trigger lines are buffered / enabled at the PXI segment A / segment B boundary.
Scope of Delivery:
- Marvin Test Solutions MV-GX7100B: 3U / 6U, 14 Slot Smart PXI Master Desktop Combo Chassis with DVD-ROM & Hard Disk Drive