Model Marvin Test Solutions: MV-GX7205
21 Slot, 3U PXIe Master Chassis with 1600W system power supply
- supporting a 3U cPCI Express controller and 20 3U PXI or cPCI instruments
- Flexible configuration offers support (8) PXI-1, (8) Hybrid, and (4) PXIe modules
- 4x4 PXIe lane architecture supports 8 GB/s system bandwidth and peer to peer communication
- Integral Smart functions provide per slot temperature monitoring, system power supply monitoring, fan monitoring / control and PXI trigger mapping
- 1600W system power supply
The Marvin Test MV-GX7205 mainframes is a PXI master chassis that can accommodate up to 20 instruments as well as a PXI Express controller (an embedded CPU or a PXI bus expander interface such as the MXI). The backplane architecture supports Gen 2 PCI Express bus signaling and the use of both x1 or x4 system controllers. By offering a combination of PXI-1, Hybrid, and Express, the MV-GX7205 offers users the ultimate in flexibility for general purpose as well as high bandwidth test needs.
A total of 1600 watts of system power is available for the MV-GX7205 chassis. Forced-air cooling for the chassis is provided by (4) 79 CFM fans located under the card cage with a dedicated fan supplying cooling for the system power supply. This cooling configuration, in conjunction with air plenums within the chassis, provides airflow for all module slots per the PXI specification and requires no additional rack space for inlet or outlet air.
The Marvin Test MV-GX7205 PXIe Smart Chassis supports the monitoring of slot temperatures and system power supply voltages as well providing the ability to program or map each PXI trigger line from one PCI segment to another. In addition, the user can program the temperature monitoring function for specific warning and shutdown limits as well as monitor and control fan speed. All user specific setups can be stored in non-volatile memory as a user configuration and can be used as the default setup for normal chassis operation.
|1||dedicated to the system controller (embedded or remote, using a PXI bus expander) and supports a x1 or x4 PXI Express controller|
|2, 9, 10 and 21||x4 PXIe |
#9 also supporting the PXIe system timing functions
|3 - 8 and 19 & 20||PXI hybrid|
|11 - 18||PXI-1|
Scope of Delivery:
- Marvin Test Solutions MV-GX7205: PXIe Master Chassis